Do you answer your phone?
Of course, you answer it if you know the person calling. But what if you do not know the caller? Do you run the risk of a dread cold call?
How about emails? Do you ever respond to the many cold emails you get?
How about unsolicited LinkedIn connection requests or messages?
Companies are ruining all outbound channels through overuse, abuse, and laziness.
But yet, you still need to drive awareness and generate leads to grow your business.
So, what to do if outbound is significantly less effective in generating the leads you need,
Here are ten reasons why you should continue to focus on inbound marketing:
- Increased Visibility: Inbound marketing helps manufacturers increase their online visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Lead Generation: Inbound marketing can help you generate more high-quality leads by attracting potential customers through valuable content and SEO strategies.
- Cost-Effective: Inbound marketing is generally more cost-effective than traditional outbound marketing methods, such as trade shows, print ads, or billboards.
- Better Targeting: Inbound marketing allows companies to better target their ideal customers by creating specific, relevant content that resonates with their target audience.
- Thought Leadership: Inbound marketing can help manufacturers establish themselves as thought leaders by creating and sharing valuable content that educates their audience.
- Improved Customer Relationships: Inbound marketing focuses on building relationships with potential customers by providing value and engaging with them meaningfully.
- Increased Trust: By providing helpful and informative content, manufacturers can build trust with their audience, ultimately leading to increased sales (but not if you rely on AI to create all of your content, you must be real to be trusted).
- Competitive Advantage: Inbound marketing can provide a competitive advantage by creating a unique brand and a robust online presence.
- Sales Enablement: Inbound marketing can help manufacturers provide their sales team with better leads, better tools, and better information to help them close more deals.
- Measurable Results: Inbound marketing is highly measurable, which allows you to track your ROI and make data-driven decisions to improve your marketing efforts.
- Bonus - You need to be inbound to create community. Unless you are doing these Inbound things now, you cannot take the next leap in marketing and build a community around your brand.
You control your inbound inputs, investments, focus, message, targeting, timing, and response.
Inbound works for your business 24/7/365. Content is evergreen and gets found years after it is created (pro tip- curate and update your content so it stays current and you will generate even more engagement).
The future of marketing will be about building brands people trust and fostering community among those who believe in and want to follow that brand.
Technology will come and go, and marketing platforms will inevitably change. But people want to work with people they trust, and people want to talk with other people that have similar challenges.
Inbound is the best foundation you can build for the future.