Posted by Todd Hockenberry ● May 01, 2023
What if B2B buyers start using ChatGPT to assist their journey?
There is not much new for me to say about ChatGPT from a marketing and selling perspective that has not already been said. Tons of articles are written daily about content creation, email sequence writing, ad copy, topic research, and more.
But what about buying?
I am curious to know how AI will affect the buying process.
Being a subscriber of ChatGPT I decided to try it out and see what it might do to assist a B2B buyer navigating their journey to finding a solution.
My first prompt was - why should someone use ChatGPT to assist them in buying a B2B product?
ChatGPT answer - There are several reasons why someone should use ChatGPT to assist them in buying a B2B product:
- Time-saving: ChatGPT can help you save time by quickly and efficiently providing you with information about different B2B products. Instead of spending hours researching and comparing products, you can get the information you need within seconds.
- Convenience: ChatGPT is available 24/7, which means you can get assistance whenever you need it. This can be particularly useful if you are busy during regular business hours or if you need to make a quick decision.
- Objective and unbiased: ChatGPT provides an objective and unbiased analysis of different B2B products. Unlike salespeople or marketers, ChatGPT does not have a vested interest in promoting a particular product or service.
- Personalized recommendations: ChatGPT can provide personalized recommendations based on your specific requirements and budget. This can help you find the best B2B product for your business needs.
- Data-driven analysis: ChatGPT can analyze large amounts of data quickly and accurately, identifying patterns and trends that humans may miss. This can provide you with a data-driven analysis of different B2B products, helping you make more informed purchasing decisions.
Overall, using ChatGPT to assist you in buying a B2B product can help you save time, get personalized recommendations, and make more informed and objective purchasing decisions.
My next question for ChatGPT was - list 15 prompts to use with ChatGPT to assist someone in buying a B2B product.
Answer - Sure, here are 15 prompts to use with ChatGPT to assist someone in buying a B2B product:
- Can you recommend some popular B2B products in [industry/niche]?
- What are the key features to look for when buying a B2B product?
- How can I compare different B2B products to find the best fit for my business?
- What are some affordable B2B products for small businesses?
- Can you recommend a B2B product for [specific need]?
- What are some highly rated B2B products in [industry/niche]?
- How do I evaluate the quality of a B2B product before making a purchase?
- What is the average cost of a B2B product in [industry/niche]?
- Can you recommend a B2B product for [specific budget]?
- What are some important factors to consider when buying a B2B product?
- Can you help me find a B2B product that integrates with my current systems?
- How can I ensure that the B2B product I choose is reliable and secure?
- What are some user reviews or ratings of a particular B2B product?
- Can you help me find a B2B product with good customer support?
- How do I determine the return on investment (ROI) of a B2B product?
Obviously, you will need to substitute the product you are researching for B2B product and then add the specific industry.
I have talked about industrial lasers in the past, so let's start with it.
Prompt - What is a good laser for making plastics?
Answer - When it comes to lasers for plastics, the ideal laser will depend on the type of plastic you are working with, the thickness of the material, and the level of precision required for your project. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a laser for making plastics:
Type of laser: CO2 lasers are commonly used for plastics due to their ability to cut and engrave a range of materials. However, fiber lasers can also be used for some types of plastics.
Power and wattage: The power and wattage of the laser will determine the thickness of the plastic that can be cut or engraved. For example, a 60W laser can cut through thin plastics, while a 150W laser can cut through thicker materials.
Cutting speed: The cutting speed of the laser will affect the productivity of your project, so be sure to select a laser with a cutting speed that is suitable for your needs.
Size and portability: If you have limited space or need to move the laser between locations, consider the size and portability of the machine.
Price: Lasers for plastics can vary greatly in price, so be sure to consider your budget when selecting a machine.
Some popular lasers for plastics include:
Epilog Laser: Epilog offers a range of CO2 lasers that can be used for cutting and engraving plastics. They have a range of sizes and wattages available.
Trotec Laser: Trotec offers a range of CO2 and fiber lasers for plastics, with a variety of power options available. They also offer a range of accessories to customize the laser for specific applications.
Universal Laser Systems: Universal Laser Systems offers a range of CO2 and fiber lasers for plastics, with a range of sizes and power options available.
Boss Laser: Boss Laser offers a range of CO2 lasers for plastics, with a variety of sizes and wattages available. They also offer a range of accessories to customize the laser for specific applications.
When selecting a laser for making plastics, be sure to consider the specific requirements of your project and select a machine that meets those needs.
ChatGPT came back with options for technology and for specific companies.
Why did it pick those companies? With SEO and online search, you can figure out the answer. But with ChatGPT we cannot be sure.
The prompt could be interpreted two ways: what is the best laser type to mark plastics, or which is the best specific laser to mark plastics?
ChatGPT gave information for both interpretations.
If I run a Google search using the same question, I see a much different response regarding laser types and companies.
A Google search leaned much more heavily toward educational content about the best type to use to mark plastics. A classic inbound marketing approach - create content to answer people's questions during the buying journey and give them a chance to learn more about your products. Give away value first, build trust, then earn the right to tell them what you can do to help them.
I would love to hear how you are using ChatGPT to assist in your buying processes.
I will continue to research this topic because the buying process will be changed in profound ways with these new AI technologies.